Chris speaks nationally and internationally to varied audiences including leadership teams, church staffs, local seminars, marketplace workshops, university classrooms, coffee houses, spiritual retreats and one-on-one coaching. He uses storytelling, humor, academic research, deep observation, engaging interaction, personal experience and a lot of passion to teach the present tense experience of hope and life in community. Many people and organizations ‘talk’ about community, Chris has the knowledge and experience to help you develop the kind of culture required to experience it in the here and now.
Speaking/Teaching topics include:
- Creating a Culture of Community in the Workplace
- Church planting for the New Economy: Missional Communities
- Front Porches to Back Decks: The story of the loss of American Community
- Ordinary Community: How I Failed Up as a Church Planter
- Reorienting Leadership: Dispersing Power and Creating a Culture of Entrepreneurship
- The Challenge of Christianity in a Postmodern and Consumer Culture
- Open Table: The Power of Common Meals and Eating Together
- Postmodern Evangelism: Round Tables and Living in the Tension
- Simplicity: The Antidote to Consumerism
- Good News: God isn’t Angry, He Misses Us
- Social Entrepreneurship: How to make sure our Helping isn’t Hurting
- Celtic Christianity for a Postmodern World
Email Chris@OrdinaryCommunity.com for booking details.